Wednesday, April 6, 2011

96 / 365 Scrub-a-Dub-Dub


H and I had BBQ chicken on the grill tonight, and it was absolutely delicious!  I prepared it, and he manned the grill.

Now, any time chicken is on our menu, I think of my sister and just crack up because she can’t stand touching raw meat, especially chicken.  She eats chicken and will cook it, but S spends most of her time scrubbing down the chicken, herself, the countertop, the dishes, and so on.  If raw chicken has come anywhere close to it, she’s cleaning it.

I have to admit that, having lived with her for several years, I might have picked up some of her squeamish habits.  I don’t mind preparing raw meat, but I have been known to burn a dinner or two simply because I was so focused on scouring counters and sinks that I overlooked the smoke coming from the skillet.  Thank goodness H was on duty this evening.

1 comment:

  1. My motto is: who cares if the food tastes like bbq leather? Tis better to be safe than sick! LOL!

    ReplyDelete