Wednesday, April 20, 2011

110 / 365 Fluffing Up the Home


No, it’s not yard art – it’s a nesting kit that my youngest sister gave me at Christmas, and I’ve been saving it for Spring.  I point the binoculars in its direction daily, hoping to see the cage covered with birds, each one choosing just the right color to accent its home.  But guess what?  I haven’t seen a single feathered friend plucking at the filler, swinging on the chain, or even sitting in the branches staring at it.

And yet, each time I venture out to check the progress in person, I notice additional strings pulled and dangling from the cage.  I think this is a good sign.  I fully expect to step outside one day and find a huge rainbow nest, just waiting for its occupants to start a family.  With so much color, I know those baby tweets will grow up with an artistic flair.

No comments:

Post a Comment