Saturday, April 23, 2011

113 / 365 Hippity-Hop


I stopped by my sister’s house today to take the kids a little pre-Easter chocolate surprise.  What I discovered was a fourteen-, twenty-, and twenty-two-year-old coloring Easter eggs… and they were having a blast. 

It was such a silly sight, and one that immediately took me back to when my sisters and I were little and sitting at the kitchen table dyeing our own Easter eggs… the sound of the eggs knocking together in the pot as Mom boiled them on the stove; the smell of the vinegar as the colored tablets fizzed and dissolved; concentrating so hard on carefully removing an egg dyed to the perfect shade; and Mom constantly on mess patrol.  Fun, fun memories.

1 comment:

  1. Oh the memories! And...today we had Easter egg hunts-just like the old days! Love it!

    ReplyDelete