Wednesday, January 5, 2011

5 / 365 Keeper of the Keys


This is what I inherited when I first started working at the church ten years ago: keys of all shapes and sizes.  These include master and sub-master keys; keys that work and many that don’t;  keys that unlock one door and others that open multiple doors – all stored in a single tattered, padded mailing envelope.  I've had great plans to separate and organize them, but that has yet to happen; instead, the most-used keys (approximately15-20) have been  moved to a key ring guarded by Yoda and then stored in a convenient drawer.  Over the years I’ve been able to memorize which keys open which doors.

I mention all this because today it seemed like everyone who came to the office needed a key to open a locked door.  Yoda was busy, and my mind was whirling.

1 comment:

  1. I was thinking: I feel that much of my office space looks like your pile of keys, so perhaps Yoda can come to my house and not only supervise the keys, but also whip my office into some sort of organized space! Let me know!

    ReplyDelete