Tuesday, January 11, 2011

11 / 365 Clearing of the Mind


Everything that melted yesterday refroze last night and the roads are too hazardous to drive on.  No sun today means gray skies, ice and crunchy snow – another snow day at home.  Earlier today, as I was scattering more birdseed, I happened upon this little bit of forgotten color hidden in the backyard.  It was just what I needed to put a spark in the day.

Although I had the day off, my husband didn’t:  H works from home (“like a dog,” he always says) and spends all day behind the computer.  His work week hasn’t been affected by the snow, except that his interactions with others have been curtailed since he can’t leave the house.  I suggested that maybe we should bundle up and take a walk, but after surveying the ice fields, he decreed that idea a “no go” and I let it drop. 

A little later he stopped by my office to look at the images I had taken for today’s blog:

What’s that thing?  It’s not in our yard, is it? (He’s not keen on yard art.)

Well, yes it is.  Pattie gave it to me.  It’s in the back,  in the Secret Garden.  It’s been there for over a year.

Really?  In the Secret Garden?  Well, no wonder I haven’t seen it –  the garden is a secret.

Maybe we should have taken that walk after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment