Saturday, January 1, 2011

1 / 365 Starting Fresh


I've been getting a new calendar for Christmas ever since I can remember.  My mother always had one wrapped up under the tree for the three girls, chosen especially with each of us in mind; I couldn't wait to see what she had picked out.  After Mom died, the baton was passed to Dad.  It was the only gift he bought without our input. While Mom chose a calendar based on imagery, Dad focused on cost.  They were some of the worst calendars, but great fun to see what he'd pick out.  Although both parents are now gone, my sisters and I still continue the calendar tradition in their spirit.

New Year's Day is always reserved for filling in the new calendars -- the possibilities are endless.


2 comments:

  1. Love it! Can't wait to see what treasures the year holds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great venture! I'm eager to follow it and see where it leads!

    ReplyDelete