Sunday, March 6, 2011

65 / 365 On the Road Again


Today H and I headed back home after a long weekend visiting friends in Nashville.  The ride always seems longer on the return trip.  We passed the time by listening to country music, as a sort of tribute to Nashville.  I’ve never heard so much crying and shaming and hurting in all my life.  I thought I’d share a few snippets from various songs since they’re still in my head:

It’s another wasted morning and I’m bouncing off the wall…
One thing is for sure, I don’t love you anymore…
The clothes she was wearing told me a sad tale, my darling was there wearing a new bridal veil…
The Lord knows I’m drinking and running around…
Please don’t stop loving me, for I couldn’t live with you gone…

The sentiments went on and on.  I was worn out when I got home.

Of course, I’m sure you’re wondering what the picture above has to do with heartbreak and sad country songs; actually, not a thing, but I thought this tourist information trailer was funny with its faux log cabin look.  It was at a rest stop that we paused at on the way home.   Plus, it’s hard to take a picture of music on the radio.


No comments:

Post a Comment