Monday, June 6, 2011

157 / 365 Loopy Larry


H has Microsoft Flight Simulator installed on his computers, and one of its “missions” is a challenge called Loopy Larry.  Taking place at an air show, the goal is to land Loopy Larry’s plane (a Piper Cub) on a platform attached to the roof of a moving school bus as the crowd, whipped up by the announcer’s play-by-play description, roars with excitement.  The bus driver gives encouragement as well.  (It just makes me giggle to think about all this.)  I’ve never tried it, but apparently it is quite difficult to maneuver the plane over the bus and make a successful landing.  H and his nephews and niece love to attempt this challenge… with limited success, I might add.

H and I had recently had dinner at the 57th Fighter Group Restaurant, where we were happily surprised to notice a plane just like Loopy Larry’s sail across the sky. Luckily, I didn’t see any school buses barreling down the runway.

No comments:

Post a Comment